Water Sports in Fusch an der Großglocknerstraße
Summer retreat & cool water!
Mountains, rivers and lakes are decisive scenic elements which are not only a feast for the eyes but also offer many sporting options. In the hottest months of the year, numerous activities which are tailor-made both to families and active holidaymakers entice tourists. Whether you are watching the children as they happily splash around, crossing Lake Zell in a pedal boat or discovering a secluded little place on the shores of the many idyllic mountain lakes – a summer holiday in Fusch am Großglockner has a lot to offer: relaxation, sport, wellness and thrills!
Choose the activity which is right for you from the options listed:
- Bärenbad outdoor swimming pool in Fusch - lazing around in the sunny sunbathing area and fun in the water for young and old alike! The Bärenbad is only about 5 minutes’ walk from the Bärenwirt – entry is free of charge for our hotel guests!
- Schlossbad pool in Bruck – a bathing day and fun with the whole family too!
- Lake Zell - swimming, surfing, water-skiing or a boat trip with the MS Schmitten - 13 km away
- Tauern Spa Kaprun – Pure, unadulterated wellness in various indoor and outdoor pools as well as a sauna landscape - 15 km away
- Fishing in the Fuscher Ache - "A good catch" is what it is all about for all enthusiastic anglers and recreational fishers – fishing licences are available from our reception
- Bad Fusch Kneipp facility – take a Kneipp cure and awaken your zest for life while doing your body some good! "Hardened outdoorsy types" can swim here in a romantic but cold pond, everyone else will just dip their feet into the water ...
- On the way to the Alpine reservoirs a small reservoir lake offers you the option of indulging in a Kneipp cure or invites you to stroll right round it.
- Rafting & canyoning in Taxenbach means adventure and thrills. However, you cannot be scared of water and you must be able to swim!